The State and Federal Governments have allowed the destruction of the Central Valley and Klamath fisheries
- The California sport and commercial salmon fishing season has been closed for two years primarily because of the delta collapse and water mismanagement
- Federal & State Water policies have created the collapse of the delta with eminent extinctions and devastated runs of salmon and striped bass
- The Bush Administration dewatered the Klamath in 2002 killing 68,000 adult salmon and 100,000 smolts. PacifiCorp continues to stonewall the Klamath dam removals
- The Federal and State Water Agencies are ignoring the Central Valley Act and The Endangered Species Act that protect fish
Therefore: the 4.2 million California fishermen demand:
- A reduction in delta exports and a moratorium on any new delta water development or allocations until the fish runs are recovered
- Removal of 4 dams on the Klamath River and restoration of fish flows
- A doubling of the salmon runs in the Central Valley as required by state and federal law.
- Full funding and compliance with the Central Valley Project Improvement Act and The Endangered Species Act
- Support and funding for habitat restoration in hundreds of rivers and streams thought the state
Save The Klamath!
Save The Delta!
Save our Fishing!
Friant Dam de-watered the San
Joaquin River destroying millions of fish.
Fishermen are fighting back.